Playground Safety Rules for Parents and Caregivers
For parents who are focused on safety, below are several important playground rules:
- Dress appropriately and make sure kids are dressed appropriately. You should remove purses, scarves and necklaces that could become caught in playground equipment.
- Actively supervise children on playgrounds. You should always have your eye on your kids as they play on playground equipment.
- Teach your children safe playground behavior. Children should know that shoving, pushing or crowding is forbidden.
If parents keep these safety rules in mind, they can significantly reduce the chance of a playground injury.
Playground Safety Rules for Kids
- Sit down on the swings and slow down before getting off. Trying to stand on, or jump off swings is dangerous.
- Use both hands when climbing.
- Avoid climbing on wet equipment. Wet equipment could be slippery and could lead to a fall.
- Never climb up the front of slides. Kids are in danger of getting injured by someone coming down the slide if they try to climb up it. Furthermore, they could slip and fall when climbing up the front of a slide the wrong way.
- Avoid walking in front of swings. A child could be hit when walking too near another person on a swing.
- Avoid pushing or shoving. Children should take turns using playground equipment and should not crowd or push others to get onto playground apparatuses.
Location: Center of complex
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – Dusk